Grpc and modulation error

Mar 21 01:10:26 -Latitude-7280 chirpstack-network-server[23114]: time=“2024-03-21T01:10:26.921715413-04:00” level=error msg=“finished unary call with code Unknown” ctx_id=21e8af6a-e738-44e8-9792-a0031a3babfa error=“rpc error: code = Unknown desc = unexpected modulation: LR_FHSS” grpc.code=Unknown grpc.method=SendProprietaryPayload grpc.service=ns.NetworkServerService grpc.start_time=“2024-03-21T01:10:26-04:00” grpc.time_ms=0.183 peer.address=“127.0.0.1:52452” span.kind=server system=grpc

I am getting the above error when i execute the following.
journalctl -f -n 50 -u chirpstack-network-server
journalctl -f -n 50 -u chirpstack-application-server
Can anyone tell how can I solve this error?

The version you are using does not support LR-FHSS it seems, you should upgrade your ChirpStack deployment to a later version if you want to use LR-FHSS.

Thank you. Although I got this message, server is getting response from gateway. Could you please tell how can I receive LoRaWAN packet by a transceiver? Transceiver to transceiver communication is okay. But I cannot receive the LoRaWAN packet from a LoRa sensor by the transceiver.

Well, this error only occurs when the gateway receives a LR-FHSS modulated uplink, which can’t be processed by the ChirpStack Network Server as you are using an older version which does not support this type of modulation. All LORA modulated uplinks should still pass.

For LORA modulated LoRaWAN uplinks, there can be many different causes why a message is not processed by ChirpStack. The mentioned error (LR-FHSS modulation error) does not seem to be related, as it seems to be a proprietary uplink (assuming your device is sending data uplinks).