Help with Postgresql Integration / MQTT Forwarder

Hello Everyone,

Over the last few days, I have been making steady progress. I have successfully set up Chirpstack V4, and it is functioning well. I am extracting data from a Milesight UC300 (RS485/Modbus), and with the codec in place, I am able to visualize the objects in the uplink. For this setup, my gateway is a UG63.

I’ve attempted to use the PostgreSQL integration, directing it to a separate server. Below are the modifications I made to my chirpstack.toml file. I am looking to understand if this approach is appropriate, given that the [postgresql] configuration in the config is still directed to the local server. Alternatively, would routing the data to another MQTT broker before it enters my database be a more optimal solution?

Appreciate your insights.

[integration]
enabled=[“mqtt”,“postgresql”]

[integration.mqtt]
server=“tcp://localhost:1883/”
json=true

PostgreSQL integration configuration.

[integration.postgresql]

dsn=“postgresql://chirpstack:randompassword@1.1.1.1:5432/chirpstack?sslmode=disable”

max_open_connections=10

min_idle_connections=0

Appropriate depends on the context :slight_smile: But you can point the PostgreSQL integration to an external server instance, it doesn’t have to be a local instance.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.