How to carefully delete only received node LoRa data from the database

Hello Lora Lovers,

I had been using my LoraServer implementation on Amazon EC2 for several months now. Because I had been using it for a long time, It has too many frames ( pages and pages of logs) under a single node.

Now when I try to open the frame log for a single node, it takes about 5-6 seconds. I think this is because my database is large and I have many frames from many nodes logged in the DB. I would now like to “clean” my database safetly without harming my working LoraServer.

The most obvious method here would be to simply delete my node from the app-server. I did that. It successfully deleted the node. But out of curiosity, I created new node with same name. All the previous data which I thought were deleted came back! So from this observation, we can see that deleting a node at the LoraAppServer doest not necessarily clear the database entries under that node.

I would really appreciate if someone can tell me how I can clean it the right way. May be through the command line or by installing some other third party software. Something similar to PHPMyadmin.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

This data can be found in the LoRa Server database in the frame_log table. You could truncate this table without any impact. This data is only stored for debugging purposes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Brocaar.

I will delete the content of this table.