How to configure Gateway bridge for MQTT

Hi guys,

I’m having difficulty configurating the chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml file on my gateway. What should I put under servers for the generic mqtt integration? From other topics I’ve seen people put in tcp://127.0.0.1:1883 or tcp://mosquitto:1883 or tcp://localhost:1883. I have set up ChirpStack on my laptop and installed the gateway bridge on my gateway.

Thank you for your help!

If Chripstack is installed on your laptop, I suppose that your MQTT broker is running on it.

Let’s imagine that your laptop is connected with the local IP 192.168.1.45 on your network. If your gateway is connected on the same local network, then you have to setup tcp://192.168.1.45:1883 (ie unsecured connection, but ok on local network).

If your gateway is connected directly to your laptop, you should enter the IP of the laptop as seen by the gateway (it is also called gateway IP, but from a network perspective, as your laptop will behave as a DHCP server).

Do not forget to check that your firewall do not block port 1883 on both machines.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jerome, if I’m running chirpstack-docker and the mqtt broker is run by the docker container. What is the address in this case? and maybe you could guide me where can I find it? Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

By default, this should be the ip address of your computer (as seen by the gateway) on port 1883.

So: tcp://replace-with-ip:1883

Thank you so much Jerome, I successfully connected to Chirpstack after your guide :slight_smile:

1 Like