How to connect gateway-os-base to Gateway Bridge on different server

I installed gateway-os-base on RPi with iC880A shield. I also installed Gateway-Bridge with network and application-server on different server. They both are at the same subnet. I want to define gateway-bridge IP and ports in gateway-os but through gateway-config i couldn’t find anything. In which file and how should I define gateway-bridge?

The ChirpStack Gateway OS uses Concentratord, which should run on the same machine / device as the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge. What you probably want to do is update the Gateway Bridge configuration so that it connects to a different MQTT broker.

In the gateway-config command, there is an option to update the Gateway Bridge config. Or else you can manually edit it, the location is /etc/chirpstack-gateway-bridge/chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same trouble that mbayat.

I have Gateway OS Base (raspberry+RAK2245) and I want to connect it to a server (chirpstack) on a different machine of the same network. I want to do that communication over TCP/IP, should I install something like “Semtech UDP packet forwarder” or if I just configure the MQTT broker ( chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml) the communication is over TCP/IP?

Thanks!

I think I gave the answer already in my previous response :wink: The only think you need to do is configure the MQTT broker to which the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge connects.

I did it several times. when I use sudo monit summary Concentratord is in Initializing mode but other services are OK. I restarted Concentratord in gateway-config but it is in this mode.

What should I check or what reports can I send here for more detail?

I installed again gateway-os-full on my raspberry pi, without any configuration I attached sudo monit summary results.

I seem to have more luck using the RAK software on my pi with the semtech udp for the 2245 rather then the chirpstack OS mqtt using concentratord. Not sure why, i might try latest version again and make sure I didn’t miss configure something.

A little hack you could try, use rak software and setup the gateway with sudo gateway-config and fill in for details for your GW, then chose TTN -> once done go edit the global.json to point the UDP to your chirpstack ns UDP rather then the TTN router/port update with your ipaddress/domain and port by editing and saving that file. Restart pi and you should be good.

Using the RAK software…

/opt/ttn-gateway/packet_forwarder/lora_pkt_fwd/global_conf.json

head down to bottom of file, in the last block…

"gateway_conf": {
                "gateway_ID": "0000000000000000",
                /* change with default server address/ports, or overwrite in local_conf.json */
                "server_address": "< YOUR IP/DOMAIN HERE >",
                "serv_port_up": <UDP PORT>,
                "serv_port_down": <UDP PORT>,
                /* adjust the following parameters for your network */
                "keepalive_interval": 10,
                "stat_interval": 30,
                "push_timeout_ms": 100,
                /* forward only valid packets */
                "forward_crc_valid": true,
                "forward_crc_error": false,
                "forward_crc_disabled": false,
                /* gps enable */
                "gps_tty_path": "/dev/ttyAMA0",
                "fake_gps": false,
                "ref_latitude": 10,
                "ref_longitude": 20,
                "ref_altitude": -1,
                "autoquit_threshold": 20
        }

Can I use Rak software with my ic880 shield on raspberrypi . Could you pls send RAK software link ?

here actually, there is a lot more information about the rak2245 here using both ttn and chirpstack… have a good read. https://docs.rakwireless.com/Product-Categories/WisLink/RAK2245-Pi-HAT/Quickstart/

RAK downloads for 2245 pi-hat
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/LoRa/RAK2245-Pi-HAT/Firmware/

Sorry i’m unfamiliar with this product ic880, maybe someone else can help you with it.

1 Like