How to store multiple payload values into a single measurement in InfluxDB

I’ve successfully established the communication between endnode and gateway. I’ve also integrated the application with InfluxDB and Grafana. Thanks to the CS community who have helped me in many ways.

My enddevice is recording 8 values in total, however the values are stored as multiple measurements when I integrated the application with InfluxDB. Is it possible to combine the payload values into a single measurement?

Great to hear you are all setup! :slight_smile: Each key that the payload codec returns is converted into its own measurement. There is no way (as how this is implemented) to combine multiple variables into a single measurement.

Okay thanks for the clarification @brocaar

Hi,

If necessary, I’m developping Python interface to records data from MQTT to InfluxDB. It’s appart from the Chirpstack application because I need to integrate data from multiple sources.

I use Chirpstack => MQTT => Node-RED => InfluxDB.
Within NodeRED you can do any data manipulation you like.

Thanks for sharing @fromcologne. I’ve directly integrated Chirp Stack application server with InfluxDB, as a result of which I was not able to manipulate the payload data.

You can receive the payload data to anywhere, prepare the payloads as you want and then add result to the Influx. in other words, you can’t do that without intermediate processing.