How to use filters

Hello,

I have a gateway with udp packet forwarder and chirpstack gateway bridge installed.

I try to use net_ids and join_EUI filters…

Do you have a specific question? The configuration explains the syntax with examples:

Thank you for your reply.
I’m sorry but I accidentally sent the message.
I finally managed to set up filtering on my gateway.

I have installed ChirpStack Gateway Bridge inside a TTN / TTOG (Gemtek / Browan) gateway and update the /app/cfg/global_conf0.json with server : localhost ul_port : 1700 dl_port : 1700. I have also updated the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge configuration file with a link to our Cloud Network Server (ChirpStack). All is working well. I try to go a step further adding a NetID inside Network Configuration file (toml server) and inside Gateway Bridge configuration file (toml gateway) but it’s seems that nothing is filtering, I can see all the uplink frames around our gateway. I’m missing something in the configuration ?

Hello,

We try to reduce data usage on our 4G backhaul.

Gateway : packet forwarder UDP and chirpsatck gateway bridge inside

global_conf.json :

“keepalive_interval”: 10,
“stat_interval”: 30,

Filtering : by NetID and JoinEUI ok

Now we stop all the devices and remove the antenna (868MHz).

Chirpstack-Gateway-Bridge logs show few frames (keepalive / stat) but we consume 5MB/day.

Consumption inherent to SIM = 300kB/day

keepalive/stat = 300kB/day

Someone have an idea about why we consume near 5MB /day.

Sending a gateway stat payload every 30 seconds is extremely frequent (yes, this is the default for many packet forwarders, but still). Do you need gateway stats that frequently? For cellular backhaul, I usually set it to every 15 minutes, or perhaps hourly. It will depend on the use case, of course.

Edit:

Are you sure about that? Stat payloads from the Semtech packet forwarder are verbose.

KeepAlive/STAT = 300kB/day with KA = 60s & STAT = 60s

KA = 10s / STAT = 30s => ~7MB/day
KA = 60s / STAT = 60s => ~5MB/day
KA = 120s / STAT = 300s => ~5MB/day ???

We are working with our SIM supplier to analyze the traffic and understand the origin the 5MB/day.

1 Like

So doubling the keep-alive and stats delay results in the same usage? I do not believe your bandwidth reporting is accurate.

I don’t believe too…
I have check the traffic on the network server side with the MQTT broker via a subscribe to the concern gateway and i can see that the traffic is very low and in phase with the global_conf parameters. So the 5MB/day are not related to LoRaWAN traffic…