HTTP Integration vs. MQTT for Data Integration

I’ve noticed the option to add an HTTP Integration to an Application as an alternative to MQTT for data integration with Lora App Server. I understand the differences between the two approaches in technical implementation. However, was wondering if there’s an advantage/disadvantage to using one over the other (other than enabling different technical approach)? Is it basically a matter of preference or am I losing/gaining capability with one approach over the other.

Thanks in advance for input.

1 Like

Some differences (probably there are more):

HTTP integrations

• Can be setup per application (when you have different applications and you don’t want your HTTP endpoint to see data generated by other applications)
  • Can live behind a load balancer

MQTT integrations:

• Based on topic subscription, you can narrow down from receiving all data (if the ACL allows it), to per organization, per application or per device
  • All MQTT subscribers (with the same MQTT) are able to receive the same set of data
2 Likes

Thanks - very helpful explanation.

I’m assuming that if I configure the HTTP integrations across multiple applications to all POST to the same HTTP endpoint, I’ll be able to centrally aggregate data across those multiple applications?

That is correct as the payload contains the application id.