Hi, all. I’ve been using Chirpstack and LoRaServer for years. Really nice software, and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it.
I am now having difficulty installing the latest version (as apt-get delivered it today) onto a freshly-installed Ubuntu 18 server, following the instructions closely.
I’ve got PostgreSQL, REDIS, and MQTT installed. When I install, configure, and try to run the network and application servers, I note the following:
- The installer creates user-IDs for networkserver and appserver (I will refer to these as the “new” names).
- The instructions guide the user to set up both Postgres and the config files using chirpstack_ns and chirpstack_as (I will refer to these as the “old” names).
- The startup scripts in /etc/systemd/system refer to the new names
- /etc/systemd/system service files use the new names
- The /etc/chirpstack-* directories have user and group set to the new names
When I try to start the network server, I get the message
error="pq: password authentication failed for user “networkserver”
If I add the new names to Postgres and update the config files accordingly, I still get the authentication failure message. I see the same behavior for the application server. I’ve also tried this on a fresh Ubuntu 20. The result is the same.
Can you please help?