Is Gateway OS still alive?

I downloaded latest version of OS according to the documentation from this link : https://artifacts.chirpstack.io/downloads/chirpstack-gateway-os/4.2.0/raspberrypi/bcm27xx/bcm2709/chirpstack-gateway-os-4.2.0-full-bcm27xx-bcm2709-rpi-2-squashfs-factory.img.gz

I found that all versions for all RPi types have the same address; is it right?
I have RPi 4, so I downloaded it and made a bootable SD using Balena. I put it into RPi 4 and booted it, and I saw that the boot process stopped at the network interface. I pushed the return button, and the process went further to the initial logo of the Chirpstack. But I don’t see that RPi on my router. So, I can’t do anything else; I can only change the root password.
I think the documentation is not clear at the point of installation. I made the necessary steps, but nothing happened, as I expected reading the documentation.
Please help me; I’m still at the starting point for all this day.

And a one question. How to shutdown OS? RPi command “sudo shutdown now” doesn’t work.

Started, for the second boot…

For Pi 2 / 3 / 4, the images are the same indeed.

I think the documentation is not clear at the point of installation

I tried to document these steps as best as possible here:
https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/chirpstack-gateway-os/getting-started.html#connecting

Please let me know if you have any suggestions how this can be improved.

Fyi, beginning next week there will be a new release containing the latest ChirpStack components :slight_smile:

@brocaar

Thank you for your reply. I had problems with connecting one time. My gateway was completely irresponsible. I can’t make soft power off. I had to turn the power off physically, and then I lost one Rpi 4, which is in the endless loop trying to boot now. I am trying to understand why I have these problems. But I can’t.

I made the next SD disk, and I don’t have such problems now. And I don’t know why I don’t have such problems now :slight_smile:

I was one step before throwing away CS but decided to stay. But I was still scarred when trying to run the software power off command. Will it finish successfully or do nothing?

Thank you for the info about the new release. I will check it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.