I have enabled OTAA option but still i still get the response as join request. In the above image “f8af24ffff30ea78” is the GPS tracker i have currently turned on. But in devices tab the last seen of this device is still n/a.
I think you should do the extra channel configuration for your endnode. Please check loraserver.toml, and also from your Appserver’s UI check Gateway-profiles section, if needed you may configure the extra channels for your gateway as well.
Good to see you activated them, well the rest is about the capabilities of your device. For instance I have some metering motes that try to rejoin the network every 2 days. They perform some actions with some defined commands inside them (Clear alerts/open close valve etc). For your case you need to know all features of your device and work on it’s features I guess. My devices send OTAA join network requests when I show them a specific card or within each 2 days period.
The Join Request is very random and it doesn’t come from the devices at regular interval. For instance if i turn on the device it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get the join request and sometimes within few minutes. Is it like that or is there some kind of configuration?
Also the time interval between two join requests is also very random.
As far as I know join request depends only on the mote itself. We operate OTAA that way on the field. Join request can be sent by the MCU code itself whever needed. If the MCU already received NSK - APP Key’s than it may choose not to re-register itself even though you reset the device. But I need to underline, my knowledge is quite limited about LoRa.
By the way I now realize that your device is probably being rejected, that’s why it keeps sending join request again and again. I think you should observe the logs carefully by journalctl :
journalctl -u loraserver -f -n 50
In the past, I had a similar problem with such a behaviour.
In my case, the gateway transmitted the Join Accept message, but the node dropped it. The reason was that the spreading factor of the receive windows haven’t match the spreading factor of the message.
Maybe you have the same problem.