JoinAccept not received by the device but uplink messages OK

Hello!

I’m performing passive roaming between two LoRaWAN Networks. Everything is working fine as I get no errors in CS logs or any of my AppServers, yet I cannot see JoinAccept in my device.

This is how it goes:

• When I try to send messages from my Arduino MKRWAN 1310 to the network, those messages are forwarded to the NS through the gateway (RaspberryPi) and then roamed to it home Join Server.
  • The Join Server does respond to these messages, as I can see in the gateway tab in my AppServer:

• However, these messages are not visible in my data frames, but uplink messages are sent properly, and downlink are too.

My question is… Is this a real problem? Is there something wrong or everything is fine, as I’m not getting any error?

I’m not sure if I fully understand as you are comparing the frames tab (where you see JoinRequest / Accept messages) with the data tab where you see join and up messages.

Note that the latter does only show events, e.g. when the device has joined or when an uplink was received. In v3, the join event is sent after receiving the first uplink (which confirms that the device successfully joined).

I see what you mean. At first, I was not seeing the difference between both tabs. I’ll try to explain better:

I’ve got two CS Organizations: the first one, CS1, is composed only by one gateway, and the second one, CS2; is composed by an end device. My purpose is a successful roaming join procedure for the end device, when CS1 is involved.

In CS1’s Live LoRaWAN frame tab, I am able to see the whole exchange, as I can see JoinAccept messages sent from CS2 to CS1. However, I can’t see JoinAccept messages in Live LoRaWAN frame tab in CS2. In all other respects, messages are sent an received correctly by my ED.

My question is If I should be able to see JoinAccept in Live LoRaWAN frame tab or there is no problem at all, since join and up events are presented in device data tab.

My guess is there is no problem at all, but I’d rather be sure…

Thank You so much!

Could you share a screenshot of this tab as well?

Sorry, I’ve been dealing with some other projects.
This is what I meant:

1. When performing OTAA, I can see the whole exchange in LoRaWAN frame tab for the gateway belonging to the fNS.

2. However, regarding LoRaWAN frame tab for the hNS, there is no JoinAccept message:

Fortunately, both join and up events are working fine. I assume JoinAccept messages cannot be visualized because there isn’t an actual gateway working, since homenetwork doesn’t have any. Still, I don’t know why there is a gatewayID (fe4f2c0c000000000) on downlink messages