JoinRequest JoinAccept Loop

Hey, I have four node devices, all which worked well before this week. But since this Monday, two of them can not be actived on loraserver, another two still works well. the Appserver UI shows JoinRequest JoinAccept msg again and again. I tried direct the gateway to another loraserver, the join be successed immedirtly. anyone can help tell me how to fix it. thankyou very much!

I have this same problem, I have some devices that loop in Join.

I have the same problem, I am trying to add two new devices and they just loop in JoinRequest/JoinAccept loop ??? Anyone please help!!
SOS!!!

I found the issue, for the new devices. Actually it was hardware issue, the SMD battery connector on the PCB was soldered bad, so every time it transmits, it would have the power dip and would reset, once that fixed, it worked fine.

1 Like

For those not having power issues, be sure to check that the join accept message is getting sent back down to the device on the correct channel that you expect. I’ve seen instances where one uplink generates multiple uplinks on the gateway and the NS (on an old version of loraserver) chooses the wrong packet which is on the wrong channel. This resulted in the downlink coming back down on the wrong channel do the end device never received the join accept downlink.

I’m observing a similar problem with the Join request/Join accept loop. But in the process of investigation this problem, I tried 2 different packet forwarders (lora_pkt_fwd from semtech and poly_pkt_fwd from ttn), with the basic packet forwarder(lora_pkt_fwd) and equal local.conf.json everything works fine, but with another one I’ve got a loop. I suppose the problem in the packet forwarder code.
will proceed this investigations.

Could you tell me how to set the loraserver to solve this issue, or any suggestions to fix it. thank you very much!

Can you send a screenshot of your gateway frames and your device frames?

After I disconnected the host network wire few seconds later, then connect it back. The joinRequest be successfully accepted. I tried sometimes, it shows same result. by the way,My loraserver host has dual ethernet interface. I dont know what happen。