LoRa packet-Forwarder doesn't start

Thanks. In my case I´ve got errors:
trying to export GPIO gpio22$
/home/admin/reset_packetForwarder.sh: line 7: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I am not a linux export. I do not see the problem here?
while [ ! -e /sys/class/gpio/gpio$SX1301_RESET_BCM_PIN ]
do
echo trying to export GPIO “$SX1301_RESET_BCM_PIN”
echo “$SX1301_RESET_BCM_PIN” > /sys/class/gpio/export
done

Use just the pin number with no prefix, ie in your case apparently

SX1301_RESET_BCM_PIN=22

And of course this needs to run as root or similarly privileged.

thanks! Now the privileges are the problem. I am using the raspberry pi image and I don´t now the root user password. I checked documentation but only find admin user stuff.
I guess that I am able to create a new root user only with root user permission (and admin should be not root).
thanks a lot!

It’s fairly common now in modern linuxes (and even unixes) not to allow direct login as root, but rather to have a user on the “sudoers” list who is allowed to run single commands as root prefixed with “sudo” or to get a root shell by running “sudo -s”. Most pi distributions I’ve seen work this way and the default user would be on the sudoers list.

Thanks a lot for your support!
I think the script works now. admin user is the right one. I typed the line in console and got no errors. the package forwarder works not!
So I also used the hardware solution (pin 13 on gnd, vcc, gnd).

I have the same issue of not being able to start the packet-forwarder when using the iC880A.

Nov  8 10:03:48 raspberrypi3 user.info monit[427]: 'lora-packet-forwarder' start: '/etc/init.d/lora-packet-forwarder start'
Nov  8 10:04:19 raspberrypi3 user.err monit[427]: 'lora-packet-forwarder' failed to start (exit status 0) -- '/etc/init.d/lora-packet-forwarder start': Starting lora-packet-forwarder
Nov  8 10:04:29 raspberrypi3 user.err monit[427]: 'lora-packet-forwarder' process is not running
Nov  8 10:04:29 raspberrypi3 user.info monit[427]: 'lora-packet-forwarder' trying to restart

So I can install a script and have the reset done before starting the packet-forwarder. However is it not easier to have this included in the gateway-config? In the gateway-config you actually setup the lora concentrator shield and also indicate what RESET PIN in configured?

Above question is solved // I had the RPi PIN number and GPIO PIN number mixed up (oops)

1 Like

Hola!
Ayer me funcionó con total normalidad y hoy no puedo iniciar lora-packet-forwarder. He reiniciado también infinitas veces pero siempre me aparece “Ejecución fallida | no existe”, y la verdad que no me da ninguna pista porque no creo que haya cambiado nada de ayer a hoy. :frowning:

Gracias.

Please keep the conversation in English so everybody can understand :slight_smile:

1 Like