Manual gateway adding and frame logger without AS

Hello everybody,

My question may be pretty simple. But since I’ve been googling for 3 hours, I’ll ask.

At this moment I started LoRa Server. I have a Multitech Conduit gateway and set it up to forward all packages to NS(LoRa Server). Questions:

1. Is it possible to add gateways manually, if yes - how?(without using " --gw-create-on-stats " command)
  2. Do I need an AS to see downlink and uplink frames, if yes - how?(I’m talking just about to see if something received/sent or not, maybe some more info like DevEUI.)

Concerning 2nd question, I assume that I can install LoRa Gateway bridge on the machine with LoRa Server. And all the messages that coming to the NS will go using packet-forwarder and to see THIS messages on the LoRa Gateway bridge I need connect it to MQTT broker. But I’m not sure is all the packets that NS receives will show up on the Lora Gateway Bridge. Please, correct me on it.

BTW: Does LoRa server supports LoRaWAN 1.0.2 specification?

Thank you, I appreciate your help,
Oleg Somov

Is it possible to add gateways manually, if yes - how?(without using " --gw-create-on-stats " command)

Yes you can, see: https://docs.loraserver.io/loraserver/integrate/api/.

Do I need an AS to see downlink and uplink frames, if yes - how?(I’m talking just about to see if something received/sent or not, maybe some more info like DevEUI.)

Note that in the current setup, LoRa App Server stores the node credentials. Without LoRa App Server, you won’t be able to activate any device using OTAA. You could implement your own application-server, by implementing the ApplicationServer API interface.

Concerning 2nd question, I assume that I can install LoRa Gateway bridge on the machine with LoRa Server. And all the messages that coming to the NS will go using packet-forwarder and to see THIS messages on the LoRa Gateway bridge I need connect it to MQTT broker. But I’m not sure is all the packets that NS receives will show up on the Lora Gateway Bridge. Please, correct me on it.

Everything that passes LoRa Server should be visible on the MQTT topics exposed by the LoRa Gateway Bridge. The other way around might be different. E.g. LoRa Gateway Bridge might send frames to LoRa Server that are not part of your network and thus get rejected by LoRa Server.

BTW: Does LoRa server supports LoRaWAN 1.0.2 specification?

Yes.

1 Like