Mikrotik and Gateway Bridge

Help!
I am using the Mikrotik wAP LR9 Kit as my LoRaWAN gateway for a chirpstack project that I have been working on. The gateway bridge is installed on my personal computer, and everything works perfectly when I am connected to Mikrotiks wifi, however, when my computer is not connected to Mikrotik’s wifi the router is seen as not active in chirpstacks dashboard and will not forward information.

I have a feeling that I need to install the gateway-bridge component of chirpstack on the Mikrotik itself, however, this is not listed as a choice in the chirpstack documentation. Can anyone help direct me?

Hi,

I have a feeling that I need to install the gateway-bridge component of chirpstack on the Mikrotik itself,

Not really, I guess it is not even possible with Mikrotik.

What you have to do is “just” reconfigure network interfaces to route the internet connection as you want. I have set it to “Home AP”, then I was able to set the wired interface as I wanted (sort of). But do that in web interface, not with mobile app. Disabling firewall can help too.

1 Like

Just picked up on of these units and starting into the brave new world of LoRa. The unit has documentation on setting it up for the Internet of Things, but not ChripStack.

The only thing that will be needed is:

• Install the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge on a server (by default it listens on port 1700)
  • Re-configure the Mikrotik gateway to point to the server address and the port it is listening on
1 Like

Thank you. I just bought an external antenna and finally have the unit connected, albeit to The Things Network at the moment.