MQTT JSON/Protobuf errors

Hi Guys,

I have installed a new version of Chirstack (v4) and I am getting errors with mqtt messages. in the chirstack log I see the message received from the gateway:

INFO chirpstack::gateway::backend::mqtt: Message received from gateway region_id=“as923_4” topic=gateway/34fa40fffe1e5418/event/stats qos=AtMostOnce json=false

And then receive an error straight after:

ERROR chirpstack::gateway::backend::mqtt: Processing gateway event error: failed to decode Protobuf message: GatewayStats.rx_packets_per_modulation: invalid wire type: StartGroup (expected LengthDelimited) region_id=as923_4 topic=gateway/34fa40fffe1e5418/event/stats qos=AtMostOnce

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to diagnose?

Thanks

Ry

Are you sure the gateway is running the latest ChirpStack Gateway Bridge / MQTT Forwarder? If not, then that would explain the error (which means that the data received contains unexpected data).

Hi Brocaar, big fan, learned alot from your repos and comments on the forums. I didnt wanted to run a new topic here so asking you about the same problem I am facing, I am new in the field of IoT and still learning, I have set up a Rakwireless gateway with few devices on-board. It is using V4, mqtt for chirpstack protobuf, as per the requirement of my boss. I am looking forward to seek support on how to fetch the data over MQTT since I am not getting the same data on my MQTT Broker as on my Chirpstack application LoRaWAN frames. I am using MQTTX broker, can also use Node-red to decode the data if guided properly. Thanks in advance.