New client connected

Hi,

I have the gateway to connect to ChirpStack and this is what it shows on the log. Still doesn’t show on the dashboard as connected. Is there anything Im missing to be able to do the full handshake connection?
New client connected from xx.xxx.xx.xxx:37590 as auto-BBBTTB69-C6C5-43FD-9C72-9032B8701B8F (p2, c1, k30, u’admin’).

Hi,

1. What gateway are you using?
  2. What version of Chirpstack are you using?
  3. Have you connected any devices and do they show up?

From what you have posted, it looks like that is an MQTT Log. I assume your are using the Mosquitto MQTT broker used in the setup guides of Chirpstack?

This log is saying that you have a client connected to your MQTT broker. It has nothing to do with your gateway. I assume from what you have shared that this is actually your MQTT client you are seeing.

Hello @jjanderson ,

1. What gateway are you using?
    Im currently using Milesight gateway.
  2. What version of Chirpstack are you using?
    using v4
  3. Have you connected any devices and do they show up?
    Not there yet.

From what you have posted, it looks like that is an MQTT Log. I assume your are using the Mosquitto MQTT broker used in the setup guides of Chirpstack?

Yes you’re correct, I followed the Chirpstack for installation.

This log is saying that you have a client connected to your MQTT broker. It has nothing to do with your gateway. I assume from what you have shared that this is actually your MQTT client you are seeing.

connect a device and see what happens…

What frequency are you using? (915/868 etc)? i.e what region (part of the world) are you based in?

Ok, I will register new device. I’ll let you know.
Im using 915 (US915) region

Have you open port 1700/UDP on ChirpStack server?

Right now on the Ubuntu server where I have ChirpStack installed, all ports are open. If I have to open it on the ChirpStack, how do I do it?

You do not need devices to see gateway to be connected.
Open port 1700/UDP on Ubuntu is enough.

Have you installed chirpstack-gateway-bridge on Ubuntu?

Have you installed chirpstack-gateway-bridge on Ubuntu?
Yes, I followed this installation using Docker

I got it working using port 1700. I hope is fine using that port.
Thank you @datnus & @jjanderson :handshake:

1 Like