Packet Forwarder

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use my Raspberry pi 3B+ and Lora Gps Hat v1.4 as a gateway with Lora Server app.But i wasn´t be able to apply the semtech packet forwarder to my system so i am using dual channel packet forwarder which is modified for usage on one channel only.

When i check the Troubleshooting page in LoraServer i see 0 seconds in gateway after writing this command “ps aux |grep lora-gateway-bridge”.

Can you help me about my issue here? Can i adapt Semtech packet forwarder to my device somehow, or apply my single channeled packet forwarder to the lora gateway bridge program?

Thanks for your helps.

Single channel gateways have quite a few issues in terms of node behavior, network capacity, etc but leaving that aside…

The lora-gateway-bridge is something you would need to install and run, either on the pi, or somewhere else such as wherever you are running LoRaServer itself. There’s a precompiled version compatible with most pi Linux installs around here somewhere.

You would then point your packet forwarder at the address of the machine running the gateway bridge.

Conceivably you could take an entire premade pi SD card image, disable the semtech packet forwarder service (as it can only fail over and over without appropriate hardware connected) and add your single channel hack in its place.

Hello cstratton,

Right now in the LoraServer my gateway is seen a few seconds ago so its working.
But in my gateway when i open the status of lora-gateway-bridge i get a error that it “error msg=“apply gateway-configuration error” = “load config file error” no such directory” looks like that.Is it because of my gateway bridge is configured to semtech packet forwarder and im using my own packet forwarder?

I Also got the premade Gateway OS from loraserver and boot it to another sd card.
I deleted all the files in semtech and IC 8800a and copied my dual_chan_pkt_fwd files.But it is still not working can you give me suggestion about it?

Thanks for your helps.

I think I’ve seen that too; it is probably ignorable but you can likely somewhere disable the attempt to manage the gateway configuration

I Also got the premade Gateway OS from loraserver and boot it to another sd card.
I deleted all the files in semtech and IC 8800a and copied my dual_chan_pkt_fwd files.But it is still not working can you give me suggestion about it?

How are you attempting to auto start your unique packet forwarder in this system?

Did you actually remove the autostart mechanisms for the code you removed?

What have you learned from the system logs and other debugging efforts?