RAK 831 Pilot GW not communicating with GW Bridge (Docker-compose + windows 10 host)

Docker host and LoRaWAN GW are on the same physical 192.168.128.0/24 subnet.

Within Docker, the LoRa Server containers are on a 172.18.0.0/16 subnet. All started successfully success using “docker-compose up”

DockerNAT ethernet is showing on 10.0.75.1 (same subnet as Windows Docker Desktop indicates for the internal virtual switch).

The GW is a RAK831 Pilot (confirmed operating correctly with TTN).

GW local config …

$ more local_conf.json
{
“gateway_conf”: {
“gateway_ID”: “b827ebfffe1dd42f”,
“server_address”: “192.168.128.133”,
“serv_port_up”: 1700,
“serv_port_down”: 1700,
“serv_enabled”: true
}
}

Wireshark on the host sees no unicast traffic arriving from this GW to the host’s 192.168.128.133 interface, but does capture some multicast traffic from the GW. No changes were made to docker-compose.yml, which exposes port 1700 for the GW bridge.

Where is my GW traffic?

Did you configure proxies?

For easiest configuration you can try docker-compose

No proxy is confugured

Please explain how this will help

Did you check yours firewall configuration?

I believe Wireshark sees any traffic prior to the firewall, so FW should not be impacting what I see in Wireshark. However, I did confirm that port 1700 (GW bridge) is open for UDP. All I am seeing in Wireshark is a few MDNS queries and responses issued from the GW at 192.168.128.134.

This is starting to smell more like this is a problem with the RAK.

Ok, show yours lora-gateway-bridge.toml
and gateway-bridge logs.

Did you try to install gw bridge on yours gateway and connect via MQTT?

Problem solved with assist from …

Adding “server_address” to local_conf.json fixed the issue. I was making this change in the wrong copy of the file.

The RAK 831 Pilot GW is now communicating with my instance of LoRaServer.

Hello @WoobaGooba could you share your lora-gateway-bridge.toml?
I have same problem, but i assure my global and local_conf.json is to loraserver (just like you did, i was used TTN before)

Also how you configure you GW? using this setup https://github.com/ttn-zh/ic880a-gateway or https://github.com/RAKWireless/RAK831-LoRaGateway-RPi ?

I have test both of them but no success, from GW i saw it send data to the bridge but bridge didn’t send back.

Sorry, but I put the RAK aside several months ago.