RAK7246G Chirpstack Gateway OS Base - Gateway ID: Could not read gateway_id

Hello! I am quite new to Chirpstack, LoRa, and radio for that matter. I am based in US915. I am trying to set up a ChirpStack environment using a few components:

Raspberry Pi 4B as the network server
RAK7246G as the gateway

From my research, it seems that this RAK product uses SX1301 (RAK 2246). I followed the configuration as listed in the documentation, but I still receive “Gateway ID: Could not read gateway_id” in the bottom corner even after allowing the server plenty of time to boot all necessary services.

I have checked the logs (using ‘logread’) and the best information I can find is as follows:
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Starting ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder (version: 4.1.3, docs: https://www.chirpstack.io/)
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Setting up ChirpStack Concentratord backend
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Setting up ChirpStack Concentratord backend
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Connecting to Concentratord event API, event_url: ipc:///tmp/concentratord_event
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Connecting to Concentratord command API, command_url: ipc:///tmp/concentratord_command
Wed Jan 31 22:07:56 2024 user.info chirpstack-mqtt-forwarder[2861]: Reading gateway id

To me, this implies that the concentratord is running properly, but I do not understand why I can’t validate that the gateway is configured properly.

I understand the basic components of how ChirpStack operates, but I am still having trouble understanding completely how the component interacts with each other. That being said, I belive I have configured the network server with all required settings. So, I was hoping this was just a visual error but I tried adding the gateway to the application server web interface but it still does not display any communication between the two.

I understand that these logs may not be enough to make any informed decisions, but any guidance on where to look or typical beginner misconfigurations would be very helpful. I am happy to post any further logs as needed. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.