Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Buster setup

Hey everyone,

Currently using the RisingHF RHF0M301 concentrator and trying to install the Network Server, Application Server, and Gateway Bridge onto Buster; basically trying to get it to function more-or-less how the Gateway OS does. Reason why I’m not using the Gateway OS directly is because I have some my own software I need to run concurrently.

I’ve followed the guide and installed all 3 main components successfully. However, the gateway remains at “Last Seen - Never”. I’ve looked into how I may need to manually set one of the GPIO pins high and then low to properly enable the RHF0M301 but that didn’t seem to do the trick.

I can’t see any frames under the Lorawan Frames tab either but I’m assuming that’s due to the fact that the gateway cannot be seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Have you checked your local_conf.json and global_conf.json in the folder?

/opt/ttn-gateway/packet_forwarder/lora_pkt_fwd/

Check that your Gateway EUI and that you are server address is correct where you wish to point to. Check GatewayEUI on local_conf.json and Server address on global_conf.json. For example localhost or 127.0.0.1 if you are using Network Server on local Raspberry Pi, you will see this at the end (bottom) of file global_conf.json.

1 Like

There is no ttn-gateway folder in the opt directory. It was initially to my understanding that everything needed to get Chirpstack running is mentioned in the guide.

Are there additional packages outside of what’s mentioned in the guide to install? I’ve tried installing and using basicstation (running the live-s2.sm.tc test seems to work after changing some of the configuration in the chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml file to include the basic_station concentrator options). However, the gateway on the Chirpstack dashboard still remains as “Last Seen - Never” and no LoRaWAN frames are received.

I’ve been following the Debian/Ubuntu guide if that helps!

As for the Gateway EUI, I grabbed it from running my RHF0M301 off of Chirpstack OS.

1 Like