Relay functionalities issues

Hi @Roberto_Gomes, I’m also developing a relay and a relay-compatible end device and I’m encountering an issue that i saw in one of the closed threads on the SWL library of “Invalid MIC” and “Unknown ED” which mentioned that the solution to the issue is related to ForwardListReq. Currently, I do not have visibility of the backend of the Chirpstack instance and would need to get the system owner to make the necessary changes. Can I kindly seek your assistance in clarifying the settings required for me to see that the relay is working? Thank you

Hi @Mathannbala ,

If you are developing a LoRaWAN Relay, I am sure that,

• You are already familiar with the LoRaWAN L2 1.0.4 and TS011-Relay specifications.
  • You have a local development gateway connected to a properly configured self-owned ChirpStack instance where you are the administrator.
  • You are able to visualize the messages of your EndDevice being relayed by it.

If I am wrong, I suggest you arrange these elements to do your tests without relying on a third party instance. Without taking risks. The key exchange rules have details that must be tracked very carefully for things to work.

I can assure you that the settings and functionalities in ChirpStack are enough to validate the complete flow.

The question I raised about ForwardListReq was related to the UI.

However, if you would like to submit a proposal to purchase Iterums and custom EndDevices for your client, please send a direct message so that I can have your business contact and forward it to the responsible department of my company.

Good Luck

1 Like

Hi, I have resolved the issue, I realised that i did not set up the relay on the application side on Chirpstack other than in the device profile. Thank you for your reply! it is working fine now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes