[release] ChirpStack Network Server v3.9

ChirpStack Network Server v3.9.0

Features

Redis Cluster and Sentinel

This release introduces the support for Redis Cluster and Redis Sentinel.

Rejected uplink callback to Network Controller

A new API method has been added to the (optional) Network Controller called HandleRejectedUplinkFrameSet. When ChirpStack Network Server rejects an uplink (e.g. when the device is not known to the network, or the activation is missing), it will call this method (when the Network Controller is configured).

Improvements

• Change ISM band names to their common name. (#477)
3 Likes

Hi,
When upgrade to Network server to v3.9, on web interface I was getting “context deadline exceeded (code: 2)”. When I look the logs on network server logs I saw level=warning msg="storage: ping PostgreSQL database error, will retry in 2s" error="pq: password authentication failed for user \"networkserver\"". To solve it on /etc/chirpstack-network-server/chirpstack-network-server.toml I replaced dsn="postgres://localhost/chirpstack_ns_ns?sslmode=disable" with dsn="postgres://chirpstack_ns:dbpassword@localhost/chirpstack_ns?sslmode=disable" and restarted network server and now it solved.

1 Like

I don’t think that is related to this release. You might have (accidentally) overwritten your configuration file. On apt update, apt might tell you that there is a change in your configuration file and the default configuration file of the .deb package and it will ask you what to do.

1 Like

Yes, may be I can be overwritten to file but, on default configuration file it is dsn="postgres://localhost/chirpstack_ns_ns?sslmode=disable"(on fresh install to test server).