Restart LoraWan Gateway remotely

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to restart a LoraWan GateWay remotely? E.g. via ssh perhaps.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

@brocaar could you please let me know if you have any knowledge regarding this topic. Thank you.

it depends from LoRaWAN gateway manufacturer and model.

Hi @eugenev thanks for the response. This is the type of gateway I am working with

and a raspberry pi 4 B is used

what prevents you from login to the raspberry via ssh and reboot the system?

Can I do that if I have used the GateWay OS base image to install my operating system?

sure, gateway os is linux based OS. maybe you read the docs before asking? https://www.chirpstack.io/gateway-os/

Hi @eugenev already done thank you. Is there any conceivable way to run a script where if the gateway deactivates it can be identified and the “sudo monit restart chirpstack-concentratord” command can be run?

Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you.

Please see the commands that can be configured in the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge configuration:

# Commands to execute.
  #
  # The value of the stdout will be used as the key value (string).
  # In case the command failed, it is ignored. In case the same key is defined
  # both as static and dynamic, the dynamic value has priority (as long as the)
  # command does not fail.
  [meta_data.dynamic.commands]
  # Example:
  # temperature="/opt/gateway-temperature/gateway-temperature.sh"

# Executable commands.
#
# The configured commands can be triggered by sending a message to the
# ChirpStack Gateway Bridge.
[commands]
  # Example:
  # [commands.commands.reboot]
  # max_execution_duration="1s"
  # command="/usr/bin/reboot"

https://www.chirpstack.io/gateway-bridge/install/config/

Hi @brocaar thank you, I will look into this. May I request if you can please see my response on the GateWay and device dectivation here: Deactivation of device - #27 by marcoaerlic the last three messages at the bottom are very important. Please let me know what you think.
Thank you once again.

@brocaar I was going to run a command such as this command=“sudo monit restart gateway-bridge”, every so often with the downlink. Also is the downlink just the same as this:

I assume it is not. If so, can you point me in the right directions to perform this:

. As I cannot see any command variable in the confirmdatadown packet. I assume I first have to enabl this Parameter? Please let me know (I have addressed alof of topics in this message so I apologise it may not see completely clear).