Run a Python module on a Raspberry Pi-based gateway with the ChirpStack Gateway OS installed on it

Hi,
we have a Raspberry Pi-based gateway with the embedded ChirpStack Gateway OS installed on it.
I’d like to deploy and run a Python module on the gateway but there’s no way with the ChirpStack Gateway OS to do this. Once running, only the CLI utility for gateway configuration is provided. There’s no way, for example, to run a shell in order to start other things.

I read from the documentation (see Raspberry Pi install - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server) that as an alternative to the ChirpStack Gateway OS, it is also possible to install the ChirpStack stack on top of Raspbian. Hoping that Raspbian could be more open for my goal, I read the documentation, but this explains how to install the Bridge and the Network server components (that usually run on a cloud server), not the Gateway software (UDP Packet Forwarder + ChirpStack MQTT Forwarder).

Does exist a solution?
Many thanks in advance!

Patrizia

Hi,

You’re not mentioning the lora concentrator you’re using with your Pi… so a good strart for what you’re looking, could be this:

Regards.