Seeking Guidance for Securing ChirpStack LoRaWAN Integration with Strimzi Kafka in Kubernetes

Hello Community,

I’m relatively new to the worlds of Kafka, LoRaWAN, and Kubernetes, and I’m currently working on integrating ChirpStack LoRaWAN (version 4.5) with Strimzi Kafka (version 3.6.0) in a Kubernetes environment (v1.27).

My goal is to establish secure communication between ChirpStack and Kafka, and I’ve encountered a challenge due to the absence of SSL support in ChirpStack and the requirement for username/password authentication in Kafka.

I’d greatly appreciate the community’s insights and guidance on potential workarounds or best practices to address this issue. Here are some specific details about my setup:

• Strimzi Kafka Version: 3.6.0
  • ChirpStack LoRaWAN Version: 4.5
  • Kubernetes Version: v1.27

If you have experience with a similar setup or if you can provide recommendations, workarounds, or insights into securing the communication between ChirpStack and Kafka in a Kubernetes environment, your assistance would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your support, and I look forward to learning from the community’s expertise.

Best regards,
Saravanan

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.