Steps for Reconfiguration of Network Server and Application Server [RAK7258]

Greetings all! :wave:t4:
My ChirpStack is up and running but for some reason can’t connect to my RAK7258.
I looked in my

and I realized it was in the wrong frequency. When I checked my config file, it is the default.

I have been trying to reconfigure my Ubuntu/Debian (AWS ran) server from the default to settings for the US915.
I have been trying to use https://www.chirpstack.io/network-server/install/config/ but honestly, it is unclear for changing settings.

I tried to copy the example code and replaced necessary parameters, i.e. frequencies, then executed:

chirpstack-network-server configfile > chirpstack-network-server.toml

HOWEVER, when I put in

chirpstack-gateway-bridge configfile

It shows the same default file.

What are the steps to change the config file. Everything is running properly on the ChirpStack (apparently)

ALSO
What Network-Server Server IP Address should I put? My Gateway’s?

Thank you for any help! :grinning:

Hi Brian,

For setting the region to us 915 you’d want to set the network server config:

# LoRaWAN regional band configuration.
#
# Note that you might want to consult the LoRaWAN Regional Parameters
# specification for valid values that apply to your region.
# See: https://www.lora-alliance.org/lorawan-for-developers
[network_server.band]
# LoRaWAN band to use.
#
# Valid values are:
# * AS923
# * AU915
# * CN470
# * CN779
# * EU433
# * EU868
# * IN865
# * KR920
# * RU864
# * US915
name="US915"

As far as mounting the config, the docs describe the locations / options for setting:

Configuration file

By default chirpstack-network-server will look in the following order for a configuration file at the following paths when --config is not:

• chirpstack-network-server.toml (current working directory)
  • $HOME/.config/chirpstack-network-server/chirpstack-network-server.toml
  • /etc/chirpstack-network-server/chirpstack-network-server.toml

I have had the best luck with /etc/chirpstack-network-server/chirpstack-network-server.toml as you don’t have to wonder about the relative paths of $HOME and the current directory.

The network server IP would be the IP of wherever it is running that the application server can reference. If they’re on the same host, then 127.0.0.1:8000 should work.

1 Like