Tektelic Kona Enterprise Gateway

I ordered the Tektelic Kona Enterprise Gateway (TEKTELIC | Global IoT leader of End-to-End LoRaWAN solutions) and I’m interested in using Chirpstack to manage my network. Will Chirpstack support this newer model of gateway? I don’t see it in the list of gateways: Tektelic - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server

It should be be an issue to add support for that gateway, but I do need to know the correct architecture flag for the .ipk package. Once you receive it, could you run a uname -a on the gateway and post the output here?

2 Likes

Hi Brocaar,

I have the same request for that gateway. Here is the response I got from Teltelic:

root@kona-micro-outdoor:/etc/ssl/certs# uname -a
Linux kona-micro-outdoor 3.12.17-tektelic-1.1.1-kona-micro-outdoor-g4d7f2b074b #1 Tue Aug 10 20:31:38 UTC 2021 arm71 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Hi Brocaar,

I have a Tektelic Kona Enterprise Gateway that I like to use Chirpstack bridge to manage my network. I have followed the instructions on the Chirpstack.io to install their IPK package for Kona Micro (can’t find IPK for Kona Enterprise, so I use newest Kona Micro IPK instead). However I kept having the message from the gateway when I do “sudo opkg install” the package: “not have a compatible architecture” - see screenshot. Could you let me know if I have done wrong?

Hi Brocaar,

Here is what I have with uname -a:
root@kona-micro-outdoor:~# uname -a
Linux kona-micro-outdoor 3.12.17-tektelic-1.0.0-kona-micro-outdoor-g4e531b7dc5 #1 Mon Mar 22 22:02:18 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Thank you for your time in advance.
Terry.

You can install this package on all Kona gateway models:

https://artifacts.chirpstack.io/vendor/tektelic/kona/

I’ll update the documentation soon with this unified gateway package :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Brocaar,

Thank you! It has been updated.

hello
can you help me
same problem
kona-enterprise-012865:~$ uname -a
Linux kona-enterprise-012865 3.12.17-tektelic-1.1.3-kona-micro-outdoor-ge5b4319b04 #1 Wed Jun 15 18:49:44 UTC 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux

Monit 5.27.0 uptime: 42m
Service Name Status Type
kona-enterprise-012865 OK System
tcs Not monitored Process
snmpd OK Process
pkt-forwarder Initializing - monitor … Process
mqtt-bridge OK Process
chirpstack-gateway-bridge OK Process
pkt-fwd-token OK - monitor pending File
commission_db OK File
tmp OK Directory
tcsactive Not monitored Program