Testing with comercially available LoRaWAN 1.1/ClassB sensors

Hello!

I am building a network solution with chirpstack as the main point. I would like to be sure that we can actually support all the versions and device classes that we say we do.

I understand chirpstack should be working fine with all classes: A, B and C. As well as all LoRaWAN versions: 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.1.

I was not able to find any commercially available sensors that work with LoRaWAN version 1.1, and I was not able to find anything supporting Class B in whatever version.

Am I looking in the wrong places? Or is it true that there’s no support for these on the market? (and thus only testing possibility would be with something like LoRaMac-node)
I appreciate any help, thanks!

Hi @michalsas,
I am seconding you on your appreciation. I have never found any commercial device implementing anything beyond V1.0.2. Some of the Milesight devices would support V1.1, but

We still recommend to use the LoraWAN version 1.0.2/1.0.3, since with version 1.1.0 there still might have compatibility issues.

I found similar answers when looking for a device implementing LoRa@2.4GHz

I am working with STM32 NUCLEO-WL55JC implementing V1.0.3. I haven’t tried further, though.

There was a device shop at The Things Conference 2022. I was kindly kicked out when I asked for Class B commercial devices.

I am subscribing to this thread in order to get any updates on this.

Good luck in our search :slight_smile:

With best regards

Sebastian

That has been my experience. Never say never, of course, but I haven’t found them to be popular or common.

1 Like