Unable to view JoinRequest on LoRaWAN Frames

I have set up a testing environment with ChirpStack and the LWN Simulator on a Linux (Ubuntu) virtual machine. In this environment, I created a virtual gateway using the LWN Simulator, and the simulator’s logs indicate that it is sending join request frames.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-15 at 10 26 18 AM
Problem:
The issue I’m facing is that I cannot see these join request frames in the ChirpStack UI’s LoRaWAN frames section. Despite the simulator sending the join requests, there is no visibility or record of them within the ChirpStack application.

My current Setup:
Installed ChirpStack (v4) according to the “Getting Started with Debian/Ubuntu” guide.
Configured and launched the LWN Simulator.
Created a virtual gateway within the LWN Simulator.
Initiated join requests from the LWN Simulator.

Environment:
ChirpStack Version: v4
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04

This issue is a crucial step toward achieving my ultimate goal of data transfer from ChirpStack to Azure IoT Hub.

Could it be that there is a topic mismatch? This page contains some debugging steps to validate the GW <> NS connectivity: Connecting a gateway - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server documentation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.