I am in the process of migrating loraserver to chirpstack and from one server to another. While doing so I will straighten a few oddities in our setup. Mainly renaming the docker-compose and other minor rename stuff.
I plan, and have tested a few times, to do the following:
- Installed a fresh chirpstack docker-compose setup on the new server
- stop source loraserver
- copy redis and postgresql containers using alpine and tar. In this process they get new chirpstack names as well.
- adjust dsn strings in chirpstack-application-server.toml and chirpstack-network-server.toml, back to using the loraserver roles.
- start chirpstack docker-compose on new server
- update Network-servers to point to new server name
Have I forgot something here?
I will go back and create new roles following the recommended chirpstack ones for step #4, but that will be in an other service window.