Using the MQTT broker for other applications

Hello there!
I need to use MQTT for a stuff I have been working on, I want to use the same broker that Chirpstack use (Mosquitto, I followed this guide to install Chiprstack to a virtual machine hosted in AWS, ubuntu: Debian / Ubuntu - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN® Network Server documentation)
Im not using Chirpstack rigth now, so I would like to use mosquitto for something else, my question is short:
there is something I should be careful so I do not mess up Chirpstack communication whit the broker?
there is a .conf file somewhere that I should not touch, o that I should work whit?
I can move and reconfigure Mosquitto in anyway I want without being afraid of breaking it?
(I do not wish to move Mosquitto to a different port nor use a TLS certificate at the moment)

ChirpStack should have no issues coexisting with other applications using the same MQTT broker. You will want to make sure you don’t have topics that conflict, and that you have appropiate authentication and access control.

The issue I’ve most frequently run into is at scale, where a broker may get bogged down under heavy use and negatively affect LoRaWAN traffic based on it’s more latency-sensitive nature (joins and downlinks getting missed, etc). But that doesn’t sound like a problem for your setup.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!
I will take note on that!
nope, that shouldn’t be a problem for my setup