WARNING: ChirpStack is not support for this rpi model

Hi,
i am use one asus tinkerboard s with rak2245 and a Pi supply rak833 based, i am trying to install chirpstack but i got this error and is not working

WARNING: ChirpStack is not support for this rpi model

This sbc use linaro-stretch-alip based on Debian stretch, there is any documentation for use this lora server in other sbc like rpi or other with debian os?

Best Regards

Could you please provide some extra context :slight_smile: Many people are not aware of what an Asus Tinkerboard is, some links are helpful. You write you are installing ChirpStack, but you do not share the steps / commands you are executing. Without this information it is really hard to provide any support as the only thing we can do is make some guesses…

OK, my mistake
This is a Asus tinkerboard S a Single Board Computer like the Rpi

Captura de pantalla 2020-05-06 a la(s) 09.31.12

also i got the IoT LoRa Gateway by pisupply
Captura de pantalla 2020-05-06 a la(s) 09.32.09

For installation i am using the rak_common_for_gateway

i want to use the chirpstack server and this board for testing purpose, i can use the same server in a Rpi 3B+ but not in this board, i curious since both OS are based on Debian and find the solution that can make work in this board or any 40 pins compatible board

Best Regards,

what is the kernelversion of your OS, and version ARM architecture ?

After installation of rak_common_for_gateway

Linux rak-gateway 4.4.132+ #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 19:15:55 CST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

If you are getting the warning while using the scripts from that repository, then it might be better to open an issue there or do some debugging to see which part of their scripts is raising this warning and make some modifications. Please note that the repository you are referring to is maintained by RAK, not by me.

Technically I don’t see any reason why it would not work on this board, but you might have to do some own tinkering to install all components. For the Raspberry Pi I am providing the ChirpStack Gateway OS with everything pre-configured. This took me quite some time to figure everything out, as on the Pi the bluetooth module is by default configured to the UART interface. You can turn this off in the Raspberry Pi configuration, but u-boot was also doing its own magic which conflicted with the Pi config file. For this I needed to make this patch: https://github.com/brocaar/chirpstack-gateway-os/blob/master/layers/targets/meta-raspberrypi/recipes-bsp/u-boot/patches/pi3-device-tree.patch.

Just so you know that it might require a bit more work than just installing all the components :slight_smile:

Thank you very much I will work on that