What causes a DATA_DOWN_GATEWAY error?

I’ve had Chirpstack V3 running for ages with no issues. I added a second gateway on April 1st, no issues at all. I happened to take a look at some of the applications I have running and as of April 13th, I’m now seeing DATA_DOWN_ERROR errors showing up in the Errors graph. Since adding the gateway I haven’t made any other changes. Googling for this error didn’t yield any useful results.

What are these, and why would I suddenly start seeing them?

Under the device events tab, you will probably log items with more details. In general causes can be:

Maybe I don’t know what I’m looking for, but I don’t think v3 has a device events tab?

Also, the DATA_DOWN_ERROR doesn’t appear in the list of errors there? Unless that’s a high level error type, and the sub-error type would be one of those.

Please see Event logging - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server.

As an alternative, you can also temporarily turn on JSON encoding (in the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge config) and inspect the gateway ack events.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.