Where should the ChirpStack be installed ideally - Gateway (itself) or a Desktop

I wanna use ChirpStack for network server and appication server requirements of my LoRaWAN based IOT use case. I’m using IMST iC880A + Pi 3 as gateway. My application is remote monitoring of solar photovoltaic generation that involves communication of voltage and current data (I’m using Feather M0 with RFM95). I wanna create a visualization dashboard, and setup alerts, using Grafana (InfluxDB as database). Since it is possible to integrate InfluxDB with ChirpStack directly, I’m considering ChirpStack.

I’ve come across two detailed resources wherein they explain how to install ChirpStack (formerly loraserver); one of them installs ChirpStack on gateway (Pi) itself, whereas the other one installs it on a Ubuntu desktop. Which of these is ideal in the long run? If I install ChirpStack on Pi, I foresee the following issues:

1. Memory constraints, especially in the long run (I’m using 16GB memo card in my Pi)
  2. How do I create visualization in Grafana? Do I’ve to install Grafana too on Pi?
  3. Do I’ve to (remote) log into Pi every time I wanna see the visualization/setup an alert in Grafana?

Alternatively if I install ChirpStack on a desktop (Ubuntu), how do I get my data flow into the InfluxDB database which I’m going to install on my desktop. Is it going to be over internet connection? I’d also like to know if internet connection is mandatory for gateway, given the tasks I’ve explained above.

Any little help is highly appreciated.

Hi man,
I dont have so much experience but i already try some things with Loraserver(Chirpstack now).

Here you can find a link of a video to integrate Grafana, InfluxDB and Loraserver, this guy has a few videos about Loraserver, they may help you.
The only problem i can see about the installation of Loraserver in a Pi, is the storage of data, you has to create a database in InfluxDB and store the uplinks data in them, its gonna be only a few bytes in every communication, but the SD The card will fill quickly if you receive several communications from several devices per day.
Its not necessary install Grafana in the same device, you only need to configurate the address of the database, if the database is in the same device where you installed grafana the address will be localhost:portofthedatabase,

Something like this.
Its not necessary log in to Pi every time to see the Grafana Data, only need access to the Grafana server through mozilla, for example 192.168.120.150:9091, the ip addres is from the device where is installed Grafana and 9091 is the port to acces to the interface.
I have no experience creating Grafana Dashboard, I saw that it was very complicated at least for me, and I found another option Thingsboard + NodeRed.
I hope this information helps you.
Best Regards

Thanks for the reply, but I’m stuck in installing ChirpStack itself. The thing is I’m migrating from TTN to CS, I messed up with the config files and the gateway bridge file.