Wrong region assigned to US Gateway

I have a v4 server install (4.0.5 I believe) that I am trying to get working with multiple regions.
The region sidebar in the main UI shows all of the supported regions - which includes the ones I want.

Currently - I’d just like to get EU868 and US915_1

When I add a gateway - since I don’t see an option to select the region, I assume it is determined automatically when the gateway connects.

Problem - both my EU868 and my US915_1 gateways are being classified as EU868.

The /etc/chirpstack/chirpstack.toml is the default abbreviated one - which has all of the regions enabled.

Do I need to specifically enable support for the regions I want to support in chirpstack.toml?

I glanced at the configuration example given here:

https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/chirpstack/configuration.html

and it shows a chirpstack.toml file configured for EU868 only - which no guidance on how one is supposed to add sections for other regions.

thanks

Please see chirpstack/chirpstack/configuration at master · chirpstack/chirpstack · GitHub for a full list of example configurations.

In your case, I expect that the US915 gateway is forwarded to the EU868 MQTT topic prefix, or that you are not using the topic prefix and that EU868 and US915 gateway data is mixed on the same topics.

I’m experiencing the same issue whilst having all regions enabled. Did you manage to fix this?
We’re using Semtech UDP GWMP Protocol.

I don’t know your configuration, but a mistake could be to use a single ChirpStack Gateway Bridge instance for all regions. You need something like this:

[US915 GW]  --> [US915 GW Bridge] --> us915_0/gateway/.... --> MQTT --> ChirpStack
[EU868 GW] --> [EU868 GW Bridge] -> eu868/gateway/... -> MQTT -> ChirpStack

Based on the us915_0 or eu868 (or any other prefix) ChirpStack will determine the correct region for each gateway.

I never got anywhere.

If you could show a sample configuration that supported two different regulatory domains - I’d be able to take it from there and implement a server (host) that could handle all four of the regulatory domains I need to test.

Currently - I am forced to use 4 different AWS EC2 instances.

thanks

Jim

you need a gateway bridge for each region talking to the correct mqtt topic for the region as brocaar is alluding to. this is setup with the correct topics already in the chirpstack/configuration/regional_config.* file(s) which are picked up via the chirpstack.toml for the regions you have enabled. double check you have the correct topics in the config files

an example to do it over docker is here Multi-region with V4 and Docker Compose - #7 by Tom_Z otherwise you’ll have to start and set a gateway bridge for each region with systemd or something and make sure the set the ports don’t clash.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.