How to install NS on R-PI. Any SD images?

Hi There!
First of all sorry if Im asking something obvious but Im completly new to Chirpstack, but im 100% looking forward to have it working
My understanding is that I can use any commercial LoraWAN device in the market + commercial gateway (like Dragino LPS-8) and a Network Server on some laptop or computer.
Trying to find an option for NS, I though of a Rasp-PI for it. I guess I can install it all manually with docker, docker-composer, etc… from scratch, but I was trying to find a pre-made image, assuming that I’m not the first one doing this
I could not find an image for this but I found many other images for gateways and other derived options for Rasp-PI.
Am I looking at the wrong place, or isn’t there any pre-built image for Chirp-Stack for R-PI out there?

Thanks in advance!

I think you want

https://www.chirpstack.io/docs/chirpstack-gateway-os/index.html

It can function as a gateway, standalone LNS, or both.

Ah ok, it looks like I read it too fast. I read something about gateway so I thought it would be only for that.
It looks like it is a multipurpose distribution that I can pick only the NS funcionality, right?

Thanks!

Also, now that it all clears up. Im looking for options to buy the board. I see there are images for all versiones of rasp-PI (2,3,4…). Prices for these boards increase as well along with versions.
Is it worth to get a RPI4B? Or will it work fast enough on al older version? What about RAM?
Can you suggest a reasonable r-pi version and ram size for a good testing board?

Thanks again!

I’m not an active user of Gateway OS, you may find value searching this forum for people’s experiences. Or maybe someone will chime in here.

1 Like

Just for testing a few devices a Pi 2 or Pi 3 should already do the trick :slight_smile:

Ok, before I got a reply I had to go ahead and bought a R-PI4, now Im having some issues changing the port from 8080 to another one but I opened a new thread about it if anyone can help

Thanks

You may try to install nginx to listen on port 80 and proxy to port 8080.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.