Problems with chirpstack-docker

Hi everyone, I recently had this problem:
| 2024-01-31T12:54:34.562121Z warn chirpstack:: uplink: tx_info of uplink event is empty, skipping |
| 2024-01-31T12:54:34.562121Z Error chirpstack:: uplink: Deduplication error error=unable to get first item from rx_info |
| 2024-01-31T12:54:34.562121Z info chirpstack:: gateway:: backend:: mqtt: message received form gateway regions_id=‘au915_1’ topic “au915_1/gateway/event/stats” qos=0 json=false|.
My setup was raspberry with ubuntu 23.04 lts and chirpstack-docker v4 and everything worked normally, my 10 nodes but the sd card with the operating system corrupted, so I took another card and saved a new ubuntu image on it but after configuring docker-compose.yml and the configuration .toml for my region, when sending data from my Node, this message arrives on the server, my gateway is online all the time, what could be the problem? Thank you for your help.

This issue typically happens when something is wrong with your region configuration. For example the subband your gateway is using is not enabled in the Chirpstack.toml file, or there is a mismatch in bands between gateway and device profile. In my case I once had this error when my gateway was configured to listen on US915_0 but the gateway bridge installed on it was sending MQTT topics with the prefix US915_1.

But without sharing your configuration files or region information there isn’t much more anyone could do to help you.

hi Liam_Philipp, thanks for de tip, but a chanced all files of configuration, file configuration->chirpstack.toml, the only enabled is au915_1, but in the folder chirpstack-gateway-bridge i have to change configurations ? or delete all files, to have only my region chirpstack-gateway-bridge-basicstation-au915_1.toml ?

Again, without seeing your configuration files, its impossible to tell what is wrong with your setup. Though the solution is definitely not to delete the region files.

If I had to guess at what your problem is I would say the MQTT topic prefixes are not set. There should be three relevant lines in your chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml:

[integration.mqtt]
  # Event topic template.
  event_topic_template="gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}"

# State topic template.
  #
  # States are sent by the gateway as retained MQTT messages (by default)
  # so that the last message will be stored by the MQTT broker. When set to
  # a blank string, this feature will be disabled. This feature is only
  # supported when using the generic authentication type.
  state_topic_template="gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/state/{{ .StateType }}"

# Command topic template.
  command_topic_template="gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#"

For your region au915_1 you should change those lines to:

[integration.mqtt]
  # Event topic template.
  event_topic_template="au915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/event/{{ .EventType }}"

# State topic template.
  #
  # States are sent by the gateway as retained MQTT messages (by default)
  # so that the last message will be stored by the MQTT broker. When set to
  # a blank string, this feature will be disabled. This feature is only
  # supported when using the generic authentication type.
  state_topic_template="au915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/state/{{ .StateType }}"

# Command topic template.
  command_topic_template="au915_1/gateway/{{ .GatewayID }}/command/#"

I will try with this, thanks!

Do you have this problem when you run the latest tag on the gateway bridge containers? I posted an issue about this on gh a few weeks ago but i don’t think anyone else has been able to reproduce it.